Greek Cabbage and Rice Pilaf <T> <pressure cooker>

This came out excellent, adapted from "Great Vegetarian Cooking
Under Pressure" by Lorna Sass.  Almost every recipe I've tried
(sub'ing broth or apple juice for the oil) have been good, so I
highly recommend this book!

Aiko Pinkoski
aiko@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greek Cabbage and Rice Pilaf <T>

broth or apple juice for sauteing (I used juice)
1 c choppped onions
1 1/2 cups extra long grain or basmati white rice
1/2 pound green cabbage, thinly shredded (3 cups)
2 c boiling water
1 c finely chopped fresh or canned plum tomatoes
  (I used 1 cup canned diced tomatoes)
1/3 c dried currants or raisins (I used raisins)
1 tsp salt, or to taste  (I used 1/2 tsp)
1tsp dried oregano leaves (I used 1+ Tbsp fresh)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

1-2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 TBSP minced fresh parsley

Cook the onions in the broth or juice over medium high heat,
stirring frequently, for 1 minute.  Stir in the rice then the
cabbage.  Add the water, tomatoes, currants, salt, oregano, and
cinnamon.
Lock the lid in place.  Over high heat, bring to high pressure.
Lower the heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for
3 minutes.  Allow the pressur to come down naturally for 7 minutes.
Quick release any remaining pressure.  Remove the lid, tilting it
away from you to allow any excess steam to escape.  If the rice is
not quite tender, replace (but not lock) the lid and let it steam
for a few more minutes in the residual heat. (I found that it took
another 5 minutes or so.)
Stir in the lemon juice to taste and the parsley as you fluff up the
rice and thoroughly distribute all the ingredients before serving.