stirfry

Here's how my SO learned to like veggies.  Now he eats so many of them, he puts
me to shame:

Veggie Stir Fry

Start your rice.

Julienne large amounts of the following (your choice):

Celery, carrots, cabbage, peppers (red, green, chile...), jicama, bok choy,
broccolli, mushrooms (sliced) etc. etc. etc. (use your imagination), have some
been sprouts washed and ready.

In another pile, mince an onion, 2-6 garlic cloves, a chunk of ginger root (they
say quarter size, I use about the size of four quarters piled up).

mix Sauce in a small bowl:  3 T soy sauce, 2 T sherry (this is an important
ingred.), a few drops sesame oil (for flavor only), 1 t sugar (you can leave out
if you want)--there's other things you can put in not on this list so e-mail me
if you're curious--(and other things on this list--suggestions?)

to thicken:  1-2 T cornstarch mixed in 1/4 c cold water

plus you will need 1/4-1/2 c broth on hand, although you can use plain water
without too much ill effect.  ALL ASSEMBLED?  RICE ALMOST DONE?  OK then

1) Saute your savories (onions, garlic, ginger) in some of the broth in a large
fry pan or a wok.  Now add veggies to pan (except the real delicate ones like
been sprouts--add those later) + some more broth, cover and steam for 1 minute.
Open, add the more delicate veggies + the sauce, cover & steam for another 20-30
seconds.  Remove cover, add thickener a little at a time (if it gets too thick,
thin with more broth), and then serve immediately over rice.

This is so excellent and different every time.  We eat it 3-5 nights a week.