vegan zuchinni bread

To Monique Cloutier:

I realize this wasn't the subject of your message, but I noticed you said you
don't make zuchinni bread anymore because you're vegan.  I personally don't
know how I could make it through zuchinni season without my homemade vegan
zuchinni bread, so I thought I'd share the recipe so you don't have to go
without something you enjoy.  This is slightly adapted from the June '94
Vegetarian Times:

Zuchinni Bread

3 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 c Sucanat (unrefined brown sugar)
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
3/4 c raisins
1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts (opt.)
1 T Egg Replacer mixed with 4 T water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c soymilk or rice milk
1/2 c applesauce
2 c grated zucchini (3 or 4 small)

Preheat oven to 325.  In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Add
raisins, and nuts if desired.  Make a well in center.
	In a separate bowl, lightly beat Egg Replacer.  Stir in vanilla, soymilk and
applesauce.  Fold in zucchini.
	Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until well blended.  Pour
batter into oiled 9-by-5-by-3" loaf pan.  Bake for 60-70 mins, or until tester
inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool 10 mins in pan.  Invert onto serving
plate; cool completely before slicing.  Makes 16 slices.
NOTE:  I do not bake this, or most, quick breads in loaf pans, but in regular
shallow glass pans.  This cuts down the cooking time, and I also find they
cook more thoroughly and reliably.  If baking in a shallow pan, bake at 350
for about 25 minutes.