re: Cornbread Recipe

I got this one from this list, and my family loves it! It tastes great and
is very moist, but has no oil or dairy at all.

EXCELLENT CORN BREAD

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup polenta (or regular corn meal.  In Israel "polenta" just means
extra finely ground corn meal which is sold for preparing a corn
breakfast hot cereal)
4 TBSP sugar ( I cut this to 2 T)
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup + 2 TBSP baby food apple sauce (I just use regular applesauce)
1/2 cup low fat soy milk (I use rice milk)
1/2 cup water

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.  Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.  Add
wet to dry and stir well.

Bake at 375 in a glass 9" round quiche pan or a 8x11 pyrex,  for about 30
minutes, or until top starts to look golden brown.

Elizabeth Sanders (esanders@xxxxxxxxxx)