Question about Spices

Hello, I am new to this list so please forgive me if my questions have been
asked before. So far, most of the VLF recipies recommend using spices. What
I would like to know is, do spices contain calories? What about curry
powder? The only curry powders that are available to me list vegetable oil
and starch as part of the ingredient list. I would not be asking this but
my country does not impose nutrient labels on packaged food... so I never
have any way of knowing. I am at a loss as to how to guess at the nutrient
content of the foodstuff I buy - some of them don't even list the
ingredients!