re: beans without the "hot" (crockpot)

Tina asked for bean recipes withoug the chili.
This is one of out favorites.  I will write it the way we cook it, but you
can do it just as easily and faster in a soup pot on the stove.

Limas and Corn

1 pound dried lima bean, check for stones and dirt
4 - 6 ribs celery, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 quarts water
1 - 16 ounce package frozen sweet corn
vegetable broth mix or salt

In the morning before leaving for work,
put the dried beans in the crockpot, add 2 quarts water, set on low to medium
add sliced celery and chopped onion.
Cover and go to work

6 - 9 hours later.....
add veggie broth mix or salt and pepper to taste.
add frozen corn.  wait a few minutes for the corn to heat through.

eat.

I have added a 1/2 cup or so of barley to this, I liked it that way but my
dear spouse prefers the  plain and simple.

The leftovers make a great soup base, just chop and toss in whatever is
around to stretch it for one more meal.

Jan Gordon <jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 There is only one success--
         To be able to spend your life