Re: Lentil Loaf

Friday 30 August 1996

Laurie,

Your loaf sounds as though it would be fine without the cheese.
Lentils do have a flavour of their own, and the mushrooms and
spices will also add taste. Try just leaving the cheese out
completely and if you wish adding a small, finely-chopped onion
instead, and maybe some tomato puree.

I have tried this with a lentil burger recipe and it works fine
(this is the recipe I mentioned yesterday with peanuts - maybe a
touch too much fat for the list so request via email).

Kate