Broccoli etc

Thanks to several people for suggestions regarding mole sauce and also the web
address. Now I have lots of ideas to play with.

I have another question: what do folks do with those large broccoli stems that
seem inedible? I have been throwing mine away but it really seems like a
waste. Do you think it's possible to steam or boil them, blend them & use them
for soup or will they always be really tough? I make a delicious curried
broccoli-potato soup, for which I usually use frozen broccoli - but maybe I
could add these. Any ideas for other things to do with them as well would be
appreciated.

Zoe Sodja
Santa Cruz