veggie burgers, dorm, and a treat

The second thing is that I'm a first-year college student
looking for easy things to prepare in my room.  The
dining hall tries, but I'm just so suspicious about added
fat in anything except the salad bar.  I have a
microwave, hot-pot, and fridge, but not regular access to
a grocery store.  I do eat dairy and eggs (whites or
Beaters of course)  Any suggestions would be great.  I'm
not too fond of those instant, soup-in-cardboard-cup
things.  The rice and beans never soften enough for me.
Any thoughts?  I'm especially concerned about protein,
even though I know you guys claim that isn't a problem.
It may not be, but for me I feel better...please don't
flame.

Also, I received a flier on campus yesterday.  I quote
Dr. Michael Klaper: "The concept of vegetable protein
being 'incomplete' is a myth.  All grains, legumes,
vegetables, nuts, and seeds have all the essential amino
acids."  This makes it sound as though, while preferrable
nutritionally, variety wouldn't be necessary for protein
intake.  While I know 'food-combining' is antiquated,
this statement can't be true.  Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice!

Sue