eating in Charlottesville

As far as restaurants, I'm not sure except that there are
so many!  They do have many of the chains (Chili's, Ruby
Tuesday's) as well as many Italian and Chinese that often
have some decent options.  I can't vouch for any
particular experiences, though.

As far as stores, there is a Fresh Fields grocery store.
Also, there is at least on other small hfs type place
that I recall seeing, but I can't remember the name
(sorry that isn't more helpful).

Good Luck!

Sue (suffering through dorm life here at UVa.)