vegie broth

I posted this recently, but I'll repost this awesome recipe for Karen:

VEGETABLE BROTH

2       c. potato of your choice (I had bakers on hand)
2       c. chopped carrot
2       c. chopped celery
2       c. spinach leaves
1       jalapeno, seeded and cut in fourths
1       red onion, peeled and chopped

Place vegies in large pot and cover with water.  Heat to near boiling, then
reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.  Remove from heat and allow to set 30
additional minutes.  Strain and separate.  Freeze some in icecube trays for
use in "sauteing."  Great fasting broth or for use as a soup base.