Suggestions...

Geoff:

Have you tried the Moosewood Cookbooks?  I have the older, fat-fuller
versions; but I understand that they've since been revised with low fat or
vlf conversions.  Perhaps at this point, your girlfriend would actually do
better with the original versions.

But I've found that the 'Moosewood' and 'Enchanted Broccoli Forest' books
have wonderful vegetarian recipes that look interesting even to the most
die-hard m. and potatoes sort of person.

Good luck.

Linda