banana bread

I now have a great recipe for banana bread!  I used the idea of tofu
instead of fat, and tried it in a regular banana bread recipe.  It worked
great, the muffins rose and it weren't "sticky".  Anyway, the tofu is
Mori-nu soft silken tofu.  It has about 8 grams of fat for the entire
package and I used 1/2 of a package.  I'm including this recipe on
the digest though, since others have already posted recipes using tofu,
which is not fatfree.

	5-6 oz. (1/2 pkg) Mori-Nu Soft Silken Tofu (not lite)
	3/4 cup sugar
	1/2 c liquid egg substitute
	1 cup unbleached flour
	1 cup whole wheat flour
	1 tsp baking soda
	1/2 tsp salt
	2 med-large very black bananas
	1 tsp vanilla extract
	1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Cream tofu and sugar until well blended
Add egg substitute, beat well
Mix (or sift--I didn't) flours, salt, and baking soda in separate bowl
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla and raisins
Spray muffin tins with "Pam" or equivilant.  I made 9 muffins and baked
	for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out
	clean.
Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool.  I
didn't make bread, but the recipe said for a 9x5x3 loaf pan, bake for
50-60 minutes.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!  Each muffin has about 240 cal and
1.1 gram of fat and 2.6 grams of fiber.  Karen