Calcium RDA

At 05:21 -0700 on 09/13/96, Sherry eloquently expressed the following:
>I checked the amount of calcium on the box of soymilk. It was . .  . 30% of
>the RDA. !!!!!!! What does this tell me? 30 percent of what???? I hate these

Pain in the neck, what? Here's what my calcium supplement bottle claims:
600mg = 60% RDA "for adults"; so your soymilk should have 300mg calcium.
Probably should check with a physician or nutritionist for the RDA for
women with a family history of osteoporosis; that's why I'm taking the
supplements (and drinking calcium-fortified oj as well) but I don't really
know how much I need!
Linda Brock
mcgimp@xxxxxxx