pita---I hope!!! =.

Here's the pita Recipe I've been promising.....
I got it from another poster, but there have been a ton or requests since I
first mentioned it, and more since I posted part of it (OOOPS!)
Anyway, Way yummy, give it a try...
=>
Geoff

Pita Bread.... (veggie,vlf) from;GwynneC@xxxxxxx

                               Pita Breads

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads

   1            cup           wrist-temperature water
   1       1/2  tsp           active dry yeast -- (half 1/4 oz packet)
   1             Tb            sugar or honey
   1             tsp           salt (I find saltless bread yucky)
                                 about 3 1/2 cu flour (1 cu can be whole
                                   wheat)

This makes twelve small or 6 large pitas. I don't double it because the pitas
need to rest after being formed and I don't have that much available level
space. LOL

Here I paraphrase Mollie's directions:
Sprinkle yeast into water and wait til foamy. Add sugar or honey and salt and
stir to dissolve. Beat in 1 cu flour for a smooth batter. Add rest of flour
gradually for a fairly soft dough. Knead til smooth. Cover with damp towel; let
rise til double. Punch down and knead a few minutes. Divide in 6 or 12 pieces.
Knead each unit and roll into 1/8 - 1/4  inch thick circleoids (my word :). The
shape and size don't matter so much as thickness. I found it's better to err on
the side of too thick, as too thin makes them burn easilyand be cracker-like.
Use lots of flour when rolling. Let circleoids rest at least 30 minutes covered
with damp towel. (I rest them on placemats.)Heat oven to 500F and heat baking
sheets. I use just one sheet and bake pitas two at a time. Brush hot sheets
with oil or sprinkle with cornmeal.(I have used sesame seeds sucessfully.)
Place (slide) pitas on hot sheets and bake just 5 to 8 minutes until puffed
like blowfish and perhaps very slightly brown. Watch closely; they bake fast.
Wrap pitas in damp towel and put in paper or plastic grocery bag for 15
minutes. This important step keeps them supple. These are easy to make, very
good, and fat-free. They freeze well and thaw fairly quickly.