Correcting a typo (Re:plant vs animal protein)

Whoops. There was a typo (which a number of people kindly pointed
out to me today) in my post about plant-based proteins vs animal-
based proteins. Referring to hypercalciurea, which can lead to
osteoporosis, I accidentally transposed "animal" for "plant"...
 > that clearly indicate that animal-based protein - particularly
 > those from soy - are not likely to result in this problem.
obviously, I meant to say that plant-based proteins do not
contribute to this problem (when protein levels are reasonable).

For those who worry that a plant-based diet will not allow for
enough protein (or iron, or vitamins or minerals), fear not. All
essential nutritional elements (with the possible exception of
vitamin B12) are available in abundance in a well balanced
vegetarian diet. An excellent reference is the Position Paper on
Vegetarian Diets of the American Dietetic Association, the largest
and most well recognized professional group for dieticians and
nutritionists. It is not a vegetarian group. Copies can be obtained
from ADA at 216 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60606-6995.

Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM