popcorn & oil

Quite a few years ago we purchased a popcorn popper that is just a pot
with a stirrer. The stirrer is a wire arrangement you turn by turning a
handle which is part of the poppers main handle. The point is, you keep
the corn moving so there is little chance of burning. Because of this I
have been able to reduce the amount of oil used to just 1 1/2 tsp. to
pop a 1/2 of corn. This makes a lot. There is sufficient oil on the
popped corn to allow seasonings to stick but not enough to make it oily.

For taste I uses a 3:2 combination of extra virgin olive oil and sesame
oil. Canola would provably be better but there is no flavor.

Elrond

	From the beautiful Ohio Valley near Cincinnati