A Question

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and I am really enjoying
the recipes and information. My fiance and I are trying to eat healthier
in order to lose some weight, and our question is this: Is there any
difference in the way your body burns calories from different kinds
of foods? I am well aware of the effects of fat & cholesterol on the
heart and arteries, as well as increasing your risk of certain kinds
of cancers. Here is a scenario which demonstrates our question:
Day One I eat 1500 calories of only carbohydrate--no fat, no protein.
On Day Two I eat 1500 calories of only fat--no carbohydrate, no protein.
If my level of activity and all other variables remain the same for
the two days (and I realize this may be impossible--keep in mind we
are talking about a theoretical situation) and my metabolic rate is
such that I burn more than 1500 calories a day, would I lose more
weight eating just the carbos, just the fat, or would the result be
the same for either?

We have been wondering about this for a long time, and we don't seem
to be able to find any resource to answer this question. I appreciate
any help that anyone would be able to give us. You may respond to me
privately, if you wish.

Meanwhile, I will be cooking up some of the great-looking dishes I
have read about here. I have a chili recipe that I MUST share with
you!

Denise Messer
ddmesser%taonode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx