Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #60

Bette Kindman-Koffler <BetteK-K@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I want to make a vegetable dish that includes a "dough" component. However,
> the recipe calls for margarine...can anyone suggest something [a fat
> replacement] that will not add sweetness? I've thought about using tomato
> sauce or paste, but my family would rebel at pink bread.

Why not just use bread dough? There have been a lot of recipes posted
recently. I have had success using bread dough instead of pastry to make
pasties and pies.

Can you post the recipe, explaining what the dough is used for; then
it'll be easier to suggest an alternative.

Kate

PS Kathleen's Super Stuffed Eggplant looks great; will be trying it soon
(without the cheese). Thanks!

PPS Elayne---how on earth is reduced-fat peanut butter made? As far as I
know, peanut butter here (UK) is just ground-up peanuts with an
insignificant (compared to the peanuts!) amount of oil to stop it all
separating.

Kate L ("for Leggings") Pugh                      01865 - (2)73564
Oxford Centre for Mathematical Biology,    |
T2 on the top floor,                       |     pugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maths Institute,                           |
Oxford,                                    |     Pigeonhole at Corpus Christi
England.
                      http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html