honey substitutes

>Does anyone know if there's a standard replacement for honey (like corn
>syrup?) in baking recipes (like the bread recipe I just submitted)?

Here's what I've come across:
-maple syrup
-fruit juice concentrate
-blackstrap molasses 'thinned' with sweet molasses or malt syrup
-rice malt or barley malt syrup (these have enzymes that break down starch
and so affect the texture of breads.  It's recommended that they are boiled
2-3 min then cooled before adding).
-how about raw sugar?

Check out Puget's consumer cooperative site for baking substitutes at:
www.pugetcoop.com:80/naturalfoods/subfr.html

The bread recipe looks just delicious!  Looking forward to it.

Sharon
SHARON McCLEAVE BSc(Hons)Ost MRO
Registered Osteopath