McDougall Spicy Potato Chunks

Hi!  The exact recipe for these yummy potatoes is from the New McDougall
Cookbook. (page 312).  For those of you without it (its a great book!), here
goes:

1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 to 2 cloves minced garlic
8 to 9 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1" chunks.

Prehear the oven to 425deg F.  Mix all ingred in bowl until you have a
smooth paste.  Add a few potato chunks at a time and coat with seasoning
mixture.  Repeat until all the potatoe pieces are coated. (The less potatoes
you have the spicier the potatoes will be).  Spread out on 2 non stick
baking sheets and bake for 30 - 45 minutes, or until tender.

My note:  I don't put in the cayenne often, it still tastes great.  Also, I
can't get dry mustard here so I use wet grainy mustard, tastes great.  As
you may have worked out, halving this reciped still makes a lot.  Bon Appetit!

On MSG...
This isn't the place to start/continue a debate on MSG..but in regards to
the Ragu sauce...whilst I'm sure they don't add any pure MSG, but "natural
vegetable flavours" (made from the scum of boiled vegetable scraps and
refuse) contain a percentage of MSG (40-60%), the manufacturer may not even
be aware of this. ( I'm sure Ragu is a fine company.) This is fine for those
of you who don't react to it, for those of us that do react to it, it's a
problem.  The NO MSG organisation is campaigning avidly to make this
labelling compulsory.     Any one who would like to read more on this, there
is some good info on MSG and pseudonyms at:
http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/health.htm

Home Made Cook Book...
The idea of starting the fat free digest cook book is great . (sure it's
been discussed a million times by the "old timers" on this list!)  I've been
copying my favorite recipes everyday into a couple of WP files...one day
I'll get around to printing it!

Kind regards...Janine