Health Food/ VLF in New Orleans???

Hi VLF enthusiasts!
   We have a friend visiting us here in Santa Cruz from New Orleans. She
is thrilled by the quality and quantity of our local HFSs, and is trying
to improve her diet. She says there is a lack of independent and
innovative HFSs in New Orleans. She is already familiar with The Whole
Food Co. franchise. We would appreciate hearing about any experience you
have had with HFSs and restaurants in N.O. proper. Please share your
info with the list. Thank you very much!

Bette and Terry- Santa Cruz, California
& Cindy- New Orleans, Louisiana