Lentils and Carrots Recipe <T>

It's great to have this list back :-)   Here's another recipe.

Chris and Judy's Lentils and Carrots

Note: My husband and I wrote this down after having watched Martha Stewart
Living on t.v.  I've tried to edit out most of his silliness, but don't be
offended if you still see "it's a goood thing" sprinkled through this
recipe :-)  BTW, it's not her recipe...we had it at a restaurant and
thought we could make it better.

1 C Lentils
vegetable stock for sauteeing
1/2 bag baby carrots (those pre-washed things), cut in half lengthwise
  or, sometimes I like to use 4-5 regular carrots.  If the carrots are cut
  in large pieces on the bias, it adds a special touch.  It's a good
  thing.
1-2 small parsnips, cut in small chunks (optional)
1/2 large onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 tsp. allspice
1-2 tbsp fine hungarian paprika, preferrably ground from fine dried
 hungarian paprika peppers.  If you can't do that, SZEGED is a good brand
 to try.
1 bay leaf
dash of oregano or basil or thyme or other favorite herb.  (fresh
parsley is nice, too.)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper
ketchup or tomato sauce
2 1/4 cups water
  or, sometimes I like to subsitute 20 oz. of V-8 Juice  for the water,
  and omit adding the tomato sauce or ketchup.
Chilpotle peppers (to taste) Apx. 1/4 teaspoon of the chilpotle marinated
  in adobo sauce

Wash and rinse the lentils.  In a medium saucepan heat mild-flavored
vegetable stock.  Add onions, salt and pepper.  Cook until soft.  Add
celery,spices, bay leaf and carrot.  Cook for 5-10 minutes.  Add garlic,
lentils, chipotle pepper and liquid.  bring to boil, reduce heat to a
simmer, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, until lentils are tender.  Serve
over tri-color rotini pasta, brown rice, quinoa, or whole wheat macaroni.

Judy and Chris