Re: savory bread topping/vegan

In a message dated 7/19/97, Jan Gordon wrote:

<<use up your garden bounty in this, it is great to put on the table for a
dinner party, goes great with a basket of toasted baguette slices:

fresh vine ripened tomatoes, diced pretty small
generous amount of fresh basil leaves, diced
as much fresh crushed garlic as you dare
salt and balck pepper to taste.

Mix gently and let mingle for an hour or 3, not too long.
Serve at room temp.

I am catching up on ff posts and saw this yummy recipe. I do something almost
identical, but add 1-2 tbs of balsamic vinegar and it is great. If you want a
variation, give it a try. I could sit and eat it for a whole meal!

Cheri