Forwarded message:
From:	artemis@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michelle Dick)
To:	Samiam275@xxxxxxx
Date: 97-06-30 05:31:01 EDT

Hi,

You sent your post to the address: fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx

This address is used only for subscribe and unsubscribe requests and
posts sent here come only to me, not to the list as a whole.

To post your message you will need to send it to: fatfree@xxxxxxxxxxx

A copy of your message appears below.  If you forward this message to
the list, make sure to edit out my comments here.

Thanks,
Michelle Dick, Owner, Fatfree Vegetarian Mailing List

==Your message follows==
my family and i are living in egypt (just got here), and are desperate for
real fruits and vegetables (e.g., no broccoli until september, i hear).
 we're resorting to frozen stuff for now, and in my searches i came across
something called colocassia.  i decided to give it a try, and it was
absolutely delicious.  i asked a bi-lingual egyptian what it was, but she
didn't know how to translate the word, or even if they had such a vegetable
in america.  she said it's like a large potato, but bigger and stringier;
whatever it is, we love it.  does anyone know if this is really something
else (a turnip maybe)?  more importantly, does anyone know anything about its
nutritional content, particularly with regard to calories?  it tastes too
delicious to be anything but potato-like in this way, but i'd like to know.
 thanks...