freezing lentils

Does anyone know if it's possible to freeze lentils after they are cooked
and seasoned?  I want to make up a big batch, but I'm not sure I want to eat
lentils for a week straight.  I also thought of mixing lentils and rice and
freezing the whole schmeer.

Also, has anyone found a good substitute for cheese that is nondairy and not
a "cheese impostor"?  I want to stop eating dairy, but am afraid I will miss
the consistency/taste/etc of cheese, and so far I haven't been impressed
with the "fake cheese" that's out there.

Thanks,
Chris

Christine Ingle
Penn State University