crockpot recipe/vegan/tried

Rattatouille Pasta Sauce

1 small to medium firm eggplant, cubed
2 - 3 small to medium zuchinni, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
3 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes, broken up
1 28 ounce can can tomato puree (rinse cans with water or red wine and add
to pot)
lots of freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs or 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon oregano

Put it all into the crock pot, turn on low, and off to work.  Come home and
prepare pasta or rice.

Note:  I never salt the eggplant.  Just buy fresh firm skinned vegetables.
I believe the bitterness comes from old ones with large seeds.

Mediterranean Stew

To above recipe, reduce tomato puree by half
add 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
add 1 16 ounce can artichioke hearts, quartered (canned in water, not oil).

Enjoy!

(Both versions freeze well)

Jan Gordon <jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To be yourself, in a world that tries, night
and day, to make you just like everybody
else - is to fight the greatest battle there
ever is to fight, and never stop fighting.     --e.e. cummings