Re: Biscotti Request

Andy and friends on the FF list,

Here is a recipe I have in my archives from the ff list several years ago. I
didn't save the name of the original poster. We have made these several times
and love them with our nonfat cappucino and latte. I may have to make some
again soon . . .

Cheri

Chocolate Biscotti

1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar (start with this, may need more according to  your own taste)
1/2 c. cocoa
2 t. flavoring (I used raspberry; orange or almond would work nicely too)
2 egg equivalents
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
splash of liquor to match flavoring (I used Chambord)

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder.  Separately, mix
flavoring and eggs.  Combine.  Add splash of liquor or water as needed to
have a sticky consistency.  If the mixture is too stiff, it won't spread out
properly.

Put this glob on a greased cookie sheet and arrange it into a log about 15
inch
es long and 1 1/2 - 2" wide.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven,
let cool
a few minutes, then slice diagonally into 1/2- 3/4" slices.  I got 18 pieces
from mine.

Place the slices on their side and put back in the oven (300 degrees) for 15
minutes.
Turn over and cook another 10-15 minutes.

If you can afford the fat, a small drizzle of semisweet chocolate is
wonderful  on these
when cooled.  I used about 2 T. for all the cookies, which added about 6 g.
fat
 to the recipe or 1/3 g. fat  each one.

Store in an airtight container.