Re: eggplant seeds

Sharon wrote in reply:

> >Note:  I never salt the eggplant.  Just buy fresh firm skinned vegetables.
> >I believe the bitterness comes from old ones with large seeds.
> >

> I have been led to understand that it's not the age of the eggplant, but
> the sex.  (tee, hee!)
> Here's how you sex your eggplant:
> Look on the bottom.  If the 'navel' is small and indented with a fleshy
> border, it's female.  If the bottom is smooth with a larger and rounder
> navel, it is of masculine inclination.

Sorry, I know this is not really for general *consumption* but I am
absolutely dying to go to the supermarket tonight and start peering
at the eggfruits' bottoms just to watch the expressions on the faces
of our many "Mother Grundies"!

But thanks, I will try it, because I also don't salt, and have found
some to be bitter and others not so.  So let's give it a shot!
Frances Watts
for CompuQuest & Net!Heads
UUNet Internet Africa - Stanger franchise