RE: Punch

Julie, for the school dance, a punch is a great idea.
I would suggest making it non-alcoholic, but giving it the same taste
using rum and brandy essences.  For family gatherings, our punch usually
runs like this:

canned fruit salad frozen into iceblocks
ginger ale, or other soft drink (equal portions with the fruit drink)
fruit drink
fresh mint
orange and lemon slices
rum and/or brandy essence to taste

Mix together.  The canned fruit iceblocks keeps the punch cold
throughout the evening.  To top up add more ginger ale and fruit drink.