gnocchi

Do you have a vlf recipe for gnocchi?
---------------------
I found this one in a local newspaper. It is a
lighter alternative to the Italian dish, which
uses potatoes. This one is with pumpkin. Unfortunately,
it calls for 2 eggs. You can try with an egg
substitute. Also, I don't think you need to use a lot
of butter and Parmesan in step 3.
Paula

Gnocchi Di Zucca
(Pumpkin Dumplins from MFK Fisher's " With Bold Knife and Fork")

2 cups of pumpkin pulp (canned will do as well)
egg substitute for 2 eggs slightly beaten
1 or 2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Nutmeg, salt,1/2 clove, mashed garlic if wished

1. Make thin puree of the pumpkin, eggs, flour and baking powder. Add
spices, stir well. Let stand one hour.

2. Stir again and drop by spoonfulls into rapidly boiling salted water. As
sonn as the dumplings rise, skim into a bowl of very cold water. Drain well
when cool.

3. To serve, heat in a well-buttered casserole, dab the top with bits of
butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.

Paula Gouvea
iwantcookie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gouvea/
Make your friends happy, give