Brown Rice & Tofu Pesto Bake

Below is a great vegan recipe from my site. I hope you enjoy!

Cynthia Fink, Webmaster
CyberDiet
http://www.CyberDiet.com
The bestplace to go to answer all your questions about adopting a healthy
lifestyle!
Brown Rice and Tofu Pesto Bake

Ingredients

     4 cups cooked brown rice
     1 pound Mori-Nu low fat tofu - divided 1/2 for pesto, 1/2 sliced
     2 tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
     2 teaspoons fresh garlic
     1/2 cup fresh basil
     2 tablespoons pinenuts (or walnuts)
     2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
     1 tablespoon honey
     1 splash of tabasco sauce
     1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
     1/2 cup bread crumbs
     2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Method

Step 1. Make pesto sauce. In a blender, combine 1/2 the tofu, garlic,
basil, pinenuts, honey. tabasco and salt. Puree and add 1-2 tablespoons
water to thin.

Step 2. Assemble and bake. Lightly spray an 8-inch baking dish with
vegetable spray. Arrange following ingredients in layers: 1/3 of the rice,
1/3 sliced tomatoes,
1/3 sliced tofu, 1/3 spinach leaves, and 1/3 pesto sauce. Repeat 2 more
times. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parsley. Bake covered for 20 minutes
in a preheated
375 degree oven. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until bread crumbs are
lightly toasted.

Yield: Serves 6
Per serving: Calories 250; Fat 4 gms; Saturated fat 0.6 gm; Cholesterol 0
mg; Sodium 520 mg; Carbohydrate 44 gms; Fiber 3.8 gms; Sugar 4.8 gms:
Protein 10.9
gms. This recipe is 14% fat.
CyberDiet
Web Editor