pate

>Lately I have stated craving pate..you know??.pate de fois...
>would anyone have a  recipe as substitute???

This is a recipe I've made a number of times to spread on bread, melba
toast, or as a side dish.  It's a bean-chopped liver recipe that has a rich
taste but is veg., fat free, and doesn't rely on the beans being force fed
grain!  ;-)

CHOPPED BEAN LIVER  serves 2

1 cup       canned white beans, drained
1 med.    onion, chopped
1 tsp        nutritional yeast  (I've often used  dark miso instead.)
salt and pepper
soy sauce (opt.)

Saute onions in water or broth until well browned.  Mash beans and add to
the onions.  Stir in the nutritional yeast or miso, and add salt and pepper
to taste.  For a darker and richer taste, add soy sauce.

Sharon

Sharon McCleave BSc(Hons)Ost, MRO
Reg'd Osteopath