Re: What are capons?

I had to giggle a little when I read Zoe's question:

" The recipe included capons. What are capons anyway? The listed
ingredients just say "capons." They look like rabbit turds."

I knew that a capon was some kind of small chicken, so I looked it up in
the dictionary and it said it's a castrated rooster! A caper, on the
other hand, is the pickled flower bud of a mediterranean plant.

Enjoy your recipe, but you may want to lean toward the caper as opposed
to the capon when you make it!

Julie in San Jose