Bulgur recipes and Split Pea soup

I posted a Mexican Bulgur recipe awhile back and then someone else posted a
Spicy Bulgur recipe a couple of days ago.  I made up a combination of the two
and stuffed peppers with it.  I had some left over Ragu fatfree sauce which I
poured over the top of the peppers.  I microwaved the hollowed out peppers
about 5 minutes and then stuffed them, covered the casserole dish and
microwaved another 15 minutes.  Time is approximate because microwaves vary.
 If you make up the bulgur the night before you can have dinner pretty
quickly the next night.  It was a nice change from rice filling.  I'd be
happy to post the Mexican Bulgur recipe again for newcomers or you can e-mail
me.

A favorite soup:
Split Pea Soup (adapted from the cookbook Laurel's Kitchen Recipes)

1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon celery seed

1 cup green split peas
1/4 cup barley or 1/4 cup rice
2 quarts water

2 teaspoons salt and dash pepper or to taste
1 carrot, chopped
3 stalks celery, diced
1 potato, diced
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme

Saute onion until soft in a little water, along with the celery seed.  Stir
in peas, barley or rice.  Add 2 quarts water and bring to a boil.  Cook on
low heat, partially covered, for about an hour and a half.

Add salt, pepper, vegetable and herbs.  Turn heat down as low as possible and
simmer another 30 to 45 minutes.  Thin with additional water or stock as you
like. Makes about 8 to 9 cups.

Barbara in Florida