Re: Pears

I found this recipe on the Dr. Weil site. Sounds good! I haven't tried it as
yet as I'm trying to finish a 1/2 case of Satsuma oranges before they spoil.

Ginger Almond Pears

5 firm ripe pears
3 cups apple cider
2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
3 Tbsp arrowroot starch
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
pinch of salt

*Peel the pears, quarter them lengthwise, and core. Slice pears thinly
and place in a saucepan with the apple cider and ginger. Add a pinch
of salt.
*Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until pears are tender, about
15 minutes.
*Dissolve arrowroot starch in 1/3 cup cold water and add to the
simmering pears, stirring, until the sauce is thick and clear.
*Remove from heat and stir in almond extract. Serve warm or cold.
enjoy, Jan Bennicoff