yellow cake

Jason wrote:
>i was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a LF yellow cake?  my wife
>would like to try and make one, if such a recipe exists

If you can find yourself ff Miracle Whip, this cake is lovely.  It's from
'The ff Junk Food Cookbook.'

White Miracle Cake
1c ff Miracle Whip
1 c warm water
Beat until light.  Add the following, mixing well after each addition:
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsps baking soda
2 c cake flour.
Pour into a 9" cake pan sprayed with Pam and dusted with flour. (I found
this to make a flat cake, and would recommend 8".)  Bake at 375F, 32 min or
until a toothpick comes out clean.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1/4 c ff margarine
4 tbsp cocoa
2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Mix well.

I haven't made the frosting, as ff marg isn't available here.  The cake
however, I'd give two thumbs up!   Good luck.

Sharon

Sharon M.  BSc(Hons)Ost, MRO MGO
Reg'd Osteopath