Stuffed Pumpkins

In keeping with the season, I got this recipe out of the newspaper a
couple of weeks ago and thought I would share it. I haven't made it yet,
but it sounds good!

Stuffed Pumpkins

4 miniature pumpkins (4 to 5 inches in diameter)
2 cups cubed rye or wholewheat bread
1/2 c. thinly sliced carrots
1 c. diced onion
1/2 c. vegetable stock
1/2 c. diced celery
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 c. minced parsley
1 tsp. virgin olive oil (or apple juice)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cut off pumpkin tops. Scoop out seeds and membranes. Place the pumpkin
shells on a large baking sheet.

In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pack the stuffing
tightly into the pumpkin cavities. Cover with the pumpkin tops. Bake until
the shells are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

Sarah

Sarah Burns                       sburns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Instructional Technology Librarian          (914)773-3381
Mortola Library
Pace University
Pleasantville, NY 10570