Unidentified subject!

Sylvia wrote:

.Can anyone tell me which foods or kinds of food are a high-response for
.triggering insulin production?  I know sugar is, but resently I read that
.popcorn is as well, which I never would have guessed.

I believe what you read about might have to do with the glycemic index of
foods.  This is of specific interest to diabetics.
There is an interesting article about this at the following website:

http://www.mendosa.com/gi.html

This is from the beginning of it:

       People with diabetes, athletes, and people who are overweight all stand
to benefit
        from a knowledge of the Glycemic Index. The Glycemic Index is simply a
       ranking of foods based on their immediate effect on blood glucose (bG or
blood
       sugar) levels. It measures how much your blood glucose increases over a
period of two
       or three hours after a meal.

       For example, brown rice, which has a GI of 79, raises blood sugar more
than barley,
       which has a GI of 49. The GI is especially useful to diabetics who want
to plan their
       diets to minimize the incidence of high blood sugar, or spikes. It
measures how fast
       the carbohydrate of a particular food is converted to glucose and enters
the
       bloodstream. The lower the number the slower the action.

He has a list of the glycemic index of quite a few different foods.

Hope this helps.

Linda Weed

Internet Address: lrweed@xxxxxxxxxx