evert bags

Dear List,

Well, the verdict is in!  I ordered the Evert bags from Dixie, bought
some produce, put it in, and sat back to wait.

After one week:  Mushrooms just beginning to get dark spots, a little
dark inside, but still usable; mung bean sprouts just perfect; snow peas
just beginning to get a little limp, but still good.

After 8 days: cucumbers still good, the largest one had one spot that was
a little spongy, otherwise perfect; cherry tomatoes perfect; apples still
crisp and good.

They did not help the bananas at all, which ripened just as fast.

Overall, very effective, I also tried the holy bags from ziplock, which
helped some, but not nearly as much.

hope this is helpful to someone.

Tina Bell			California State University
				at Stanislaus
tdbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	Looking for solutions

TRUE JUSTICE BEGINS BEFORE A CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED