spicy cauliflower or oven fries

The spice mixture for spicy oven fries (probably in the archives) makes
great cauliflower, too!  I was baking the other day and put 1/2 a head of
cauliflower florets into a pyrex dish with some water, then mixed in about
a teaspoon of the mix and baked for about 25 minutes.  I bet it's fine for
stovetop or microwave steaming, too.

The mixture (makes enough for 3 good size potatoes, so it's way more than
you need for cauliflower):

   1 1/2  tablespoons   nutritional yeast
   3      teaspoons     garlic powder
     1/2  teaspoon      cayenne pepper
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      oregano
   2      teaspoons     basil
   1      teaspoon      paprika
   1      teaspoon      sugar
-----

Tip:
I make several "batches" of the mix at a time and store them in old baby
food jars--gets oven fries made faster!

---

To use the mix for spicy oven fries:

Preheat oven to 400.

Slice 3 med-large russet potatoes as fries.
Mix all spices in a large ziploc bag.  Add wet potatoes, shake until well
coated with spice mixture.
Place on sprayed baking sheets (a pizza sheet with holes helps evenly cook
these).  Bake for about 20 minutes, turn, bake another 20-ish minutes until
browned and crispy.

--di coldiron