pumpkin question

All the recent pumpkin recipes have me salivating!

Buying question:  I've seen tiny pumpkins, medium (8-ish pound) pumkins,
and pretty large jack-o-lantern pumpkins.  Are they all the same pulp-wise?
 Does it matter which size I use for making pumpkin stew or pumpkin puree?

As an aside, last year I bought a medium pumpkin and pureed the insides to
see how I liked it--I did.  But even better, I threw the leftover baked
rind and stuff (not the seeds) into the stock pot with my usual veggie
scraps.  I got the prettiest, best-flavored veggie broth I've gotten in
years of making my own browth!  I can't wait to see if it happens again!

--di coldiron