Brown Rice

Kellie said:
> The basic fact of the matter is, I can't stand brown rice.

I similarly like white rice *way* better than brown. But a couple of things
I've learned to make brown rice better: I agree with the posters who have
added other grains to their brown rice like barley, wheat berries, wild
rice, rye berries, etc. I make up a mix of about 1/2 brown rice and 1/2
all the others. I cook it just like regular brown rice in my rice cooker
(which I love!)

Another thing I discovered was that I wasn't using enough water. Try
increasing the water a little bit and see if that helps. Using broth
or other flavorful things (saffron, wine, herbs, etc) helps too.

Good luck, and remember that if you don't want to eat it, then don't eat
it! This is not about torturing ourselves, eating *should* be enjoyable.
If you just cannot make brown rice pleasant, then go back to white rice.
And while you're on McDougall you might want to limit white rice to just
a time or two a week. You can experiment with other whole grains instead.

Katherine