Re: Composition of Vegemite, Marmite, etc. ?

Mike asked

> Does anyone know the composition of any of the Vegemite / Marmite /
> etc. family of spreads?  I've developed a real liking for these
> (esp. on rice cakes or crackers or lavosh or warm, fresh bread...
>  well, you get the idea). My hunch is that there is a fair bit of
> Vit. B from the yeast, but that sodium is likely pretty high too.
> Any pointers?

As it happens, I have a jar of Marmite right here in my handbag.  I'll quote
directly:
Each 5g serving contains:
Riboflavin (Vit B2) 0.18mg
Nicotinamide           1.60mg
Folic Acid                0.065mg

Hope this helps.
Fran Watts
Ballito, South Africa
fran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Successful people are people who have learned to solve their problems"