Artichoke Recipe Request

Hello All.
The other day i purchased two artichokes..I have never eaten tasted one, let
alone prepare one, and I told my husband I would make a romantic dinner for
us with them.  So..I was hoping someone out there would have (EXPLICIT)
instructions on how to prepare them in the best most tasty way.

Please..(PLEASE!!!)..be very explicit (not about the romance part, just the
artichoke part..heehee)..so I can do this. Thabk you so much.

Dawn