Re: Broccoli Rabe?

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 Chalon Parker <chalon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"I bought some broccoli rabe to try. I'm not sure what to do
with it.  Any ideas?  TIA!"

Hello-
Broccoli Rabe can be used like most hearty greens. Here is a
recipe:

STIR FRY GREENS WITH GARLIC with basic oriental seasonings.

4 large clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 pound sturdy greens (Broccoli Rabe), sliced diagonally in
	one-two inch widths
1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced in 1/4 inch strips
1/2 cup sliced celery
1 Tbsp soy sauce or to taste
Several drops sesame oil or to taste
1 tsp sesame seeds
Chili paste (optional) to taste

Combine soy sauce, chili paste and sesame seeds in small bowl
and set aside. Prepare all vegetables. Heat a non-stick wok or
skillet over high heat and add sesame oil drops then your
garlic and ginger. Reduce heat to medium high, stir for
30 seconds. Add the vegetables and stir until the greens are
wilted, about two minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture, stir
and cover immediately. Steam for another 3 minutes until crisp.
Serves two. Enjoy!

Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.farmerspick.com
"Eat leeks in tide and garlic in May, and all the year after,
physicians may play." - proverb