Recipes with gelatin

Jello and similar products contain gelatin, which is made by "boiling
animal skin, ligaments, tendons, hooves, and bones." (PETA, "Animal Times,"
Fall 1997)

A vegetarian and vegan option to Jello/gelatin is agar agar, which is made
from sea vegetables.  It is powdered and can be used measure for measure in
place of gelatin.

It is a personal decision whether to eat Jello products or not, but
knowledge is power.

> By the way I have checked the ingredient list on my
>box of Jello instant pudding and find nothing of an animal nature there.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
                          		  --Gandhi