Sprouted Bread - Manna Bread

I do not know if this is what you are looking for but a few years ago I
made an immitation of the sprouted "Manna Bread" sold in some stores.  It
contains no yeast. I have made several variations of this stuff.  Below
is shown a sweet one.  A particularly good savory one has garlic, fresh
rosemary and onion instead of the dates, rasins, cinnamon and cloves.The
basis is always sprouting the wheat and putting it in a food processor
until it forms a dough. Season it as you like then cook it VERY SLOWLY
until done.  NOTE: Some of our wheat is now "ripened" using the herbicide
Round-up or an equivalent.  This stuff does not sprout well.  Suggest for
many reasons you get organic wheat.

                      Manna Bread
                      Barb Beck

2 Cups of wheat sprouted
1 lb dates
1 Cup rasins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
OPTIONAL:  1 T chopped filberts (I like it without the nuts - hubby
                                  likes the nuts)

Sprout the wheat (takes about two days).  Easiest way is to put the
wheat in a container with holes in the lid.  Fill it with water and let
it set for a few minutes then drain the water.  Repeat this process
several times a day.  When the sprouts are about 1/2 to 3/4 the length
of the grain they are ready to use.  If the sprouts are ready and you
are not store them in the fridg.  If you do not change the water very
often it just takes them longer to sprout.

Drain the sprouted wheat well.  Place in food processor with the dates
and buzz until a dough ball forms.  You may need to add a little water.
Stir cinnamon and cloves.  Note this version is not very spicy.  Sometimes
I make it with triple the amount shown.  Stir in rasins.  Shape into two
loaves.  My husband loves the filberts in the original Manna bread so to
keep him happy I sometimes sprinkle the  chopped nuts on the outside.
This gives a lot of nut flavor and much less fat than including them
in the bread.  Bake for 2 - 3 hours at 300 degrees.
Note: If you have problems getting the dough because the mixture is too
wet add a little whole wheat flour.

Enjoy
Barb Beck
barb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx