Re: Breaking the meat mentality...

I'm working on that, too. Instead of "meat plus two," we often have "grain
(or potato) plus two (or three)." E.g., supper was rice, yellow summer
squash w/onion, green fordhook limas, and bright red tomato slices.  It was
satisfying in every way--taste, appearance, texture, nutrition, volume,
cost. I obviously agree with Kate: "If your food is many different colors
it helps, too."