baked bean loaf

>Will someone please send me the recipe for baked bean
>loaf.

Here it is:

Baked Bean Loaf     serves 4

1 can baked beans
1 1/4 c breadcrumbs
1 1/2 c ff cheese, grated  ( I have cut this amount in 1/2, and even
eliminated it completely.  The loaf is so 'rich' it makes little difference
at all.)
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp mixed herbs (ie., an Italian herb blend)
2 egg whites

Preheat oven 325F.
Mash beans and breadcrumbs together.  Add remaining ingredients to
form a stiff dough.  Thin with skim milk if necessary.
Place in a loaf pan and bake 1 hour.

>Barbara wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for some good sources of recipes for children - in
>particular
>> cakes and cookies - that have moderate amounts of sugar and fat

For recipes not having an abundance of refined sugar and flour,  I'd HIGHLY
HIGHLY recommend David and Nikki Goldbeck's  "American Wholefoods Cuisine".
 This book never leaves my kitchen counter.  the cover states, "over 1300
meatless, wholesome recipes from short-order to Gourmet.  Low fat, high
fibre, no refined ingredients, naturally sweetened and seasoned."
Paperback ISBN 0-452-26280-1
For kids there are recipes for 'healthy' twinkies, fudge made with dried
fruit and honey, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and squares.

Hope this helps!

Sharon

Sharon McCleave  M.R.O., M.G.O.
Reg'd Osteopath

Ontario Osteopathic and Rehabilitation Centre